The Library has an opening for a part-time director. 20 hours per week.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- PA State "Library Assistant" certification, or be willing to obtain certification within 2 and 1/2 years. (certification requirements include a completion of at least 2 academic years of college education as well as 9 credit hours of Libary Science courses)
- Clearances, including FBI clearance, PA Criminal Background Check, and PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible public Library experience, including management and direct supervision of others or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to the Library Board, staff, and all Library constituents, including municipalities.
- Ability to make sound decisions grounded in experience, intuition, research, analysis, and fact-finding.
Send resume and cover letter to Sheffield Township at firstname.lastname@example.org
See below pdf file for complete Library Director Job Description